All About Me
So, it’s my birthday! I turn 28 today. I have no problem with getting older, it has never been something I feared or even longed for when I was young; I just see it as something that happens. Time passes, we age, we grow, we become who we were meant to be and make the best of it!
I don’t often share personal facts about myself on my blog or my Instagram account, but I thought today would be a great day to do so. In honor of my 28th birthday, I will be sharing 28 random facts about myself. So…here we go!
28 Facts About Me
- I am the oldest of three children. I have a younger sister (25) and brother (21).
- I am very family oriented. My siblings were my best friends growing up and my whole family did everything together.
- I started my Instagram as a “fitness” account, in hopes of inspiring women to lift and eat healthy, real food. But over time, my account has become much more food-oriented. I feel self conscious sharing photos of myself online and prefer food pics. Also, styling food is an artistic outlet and it is something I have come to love.
- I met my husband in college our junior year, but we didn’t start hanging out until the end of our senior year. I remember him saying we should “hang out” that summer and I was like “yah, of course”…thinking nothing would happen of it. But, he meant what he said and we did hang out. All the time! It didn’t take long for me to know he was “the one”. We got married the following year and the rest is history!
- I have a bachelors in civil engineering but am now a stay-at-home mom and I wouldn’t want it any other way (seriously my dream job). I don’t ever plan on going back to work as an engineer, as I didn’t find the job rewarding or exciting or anything but stressful!
- If I ever went back to school I would study nutrition/functional medicine.
- I still make my own CD’s and listen to them in the car.
- I am a huge Disney fan and have vacationed at Disneyland more than anywhere else in the world. Speaking of travel, I have never traveled outside of the US (not even Mexico or Canada!). But traveling is something I want to do and my husband and I have plans to visit other countries when our kids are older.
- I dislike shaving my legs and so only do it every couple weeks. Sorry if that’s gross, but it’s the truth (haha…). Good thing my leg hair is blonde.
- I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do but no longer practice.
- Ever since getting pregnant with my son my breasts have been larger and I hate it. I seriously don’t understand why people want/get breast implants, but to each their own.
- I want 3 children (just have 1 now). We are ready for our second child, but getting pregnant doesn’t come easy for me.
- I love lots of healthy food, but do not like: mushrooms (especially cooked), tomatoes, black olives, eggplant or turnips. So, don’t expect any recipes/food photos with these ingredients.
- I love working out, and always have. My mom always made us do some sort of activity (anything we wanted) when we were kids. I used to swim and do tae kwon do. These days I prefer working out on my own, with the exception of barre (which I do once a week). The other days I do a mix of cardio (walking/elliptical) and free weights. I almost always take rest days on the weekends.
- So many people in the health and wellness scene seem to be into yoga, but I just don’t like it.
- I’m super flexible and always have been. Pretty sure it’s just genetics.
- I love board games. My family always played games growing up, but it wasn’t until my husband and I had been married for a year that we both really got into it (him even more so than me). My favorites are: Tzolkin, Agricola, Takenoko, Key Flower, and Akrotiri. These aren’t your average family board games like Monopoly… they’re pretty strategic. And also, I’m really competitive; which is something I should probably work on.
- I love giving gifts to people I know. Gift wrapping included! It’s another form of artistic expression 🙂
- Besides Kombucha, my favorite drink is tonic water and lime. Ugh, I just love tonic water! However, I rarely drink it.
- Two foods that I eat nearly every day: carrots and apples
- I don’t like eating out…even Chipotle, which everyone seems to love. I guess I just like knowing exactly what’s in my food and how it’s cooked. I’m pretty picky!
- I love cooking my own meals and so I don’t mind doing all of the cooking at home. I even cooked for my family when I was in high school.
- I’m not a big fan of movies because they always seem too long. I have trouble sitting still for long periods unless I’m doing something productive/using my brain (like writing a blog post, editing photos, playing a board game).
- When I do cardio I typically listen to a podcast or read. Rarely do I listen to music.
- I love reading young adult fiction and health books, but don’t read nearly as often as I would like (or should).
- I am not a germaphobe, but a total neat freak and I find cleaning therapeutic. I like my home tidy, organized and clean. Everything has a place and I like things in their place 😛 …Although, having a toddler has helped me relax when it comes to this.
- I always pull the emergency brake after turning off my car. Don’t want that thing rolling away! This used to drive my husband crazy…apparently it’s not something everyone does?
- I have never had a manicure/pedicure, fake tan, or blow-out and have only had my hair professionally cut a handful of times. I had my hair professionally highlighted once in my life and it was a complete disaster! So, I always use a box and do it myself if I’m in the mood for a change. I care about my looks, but am pretty low-maintenance.
Well, that’s it! I’m happy to answer any questions you may have or feel free to share something about yourself (I love hearing from all you).